This 2 bedroom villa was originally built in 1990 for the then Spanish owners as a holiday home to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the local countryside and it is set within a plot of 5,000M2 (more than 1 acre) of lemon and orange groves.
The house has been partly refurbished and leaves the new owners able to complete the work started and put their own stamp on the property.
Located just a 15min walk from the town of Mula, the property has views over the Sierra Espuna which is a Natural Park. The town of Mula has all the facilities you would expect from a good sized town including a variety of shops, supermarkets, banks, bars and restaurants.
The location of this villa offers the best of both worlds - a peaceful and quiet country location but just a 15 minute walk gets you into the vibrant town of Mula. The history of Mula is long and very colourful – there are many attractions to see in the local area including the Baños De Mula, a thermal spring which is very popular with local residents and visitors alike.
Access to the E15 motorways is easy and gives access to all the coastal resorts and beaches – the closest beach at Bolnuevo. Airports are also easily reached with a choice of San Javier, Murcia, Alicante and the soon to be completed, Corbera airport.
Around 30mins drive is the location of the new Paramount Pleasure Park being constructed in Alhama - a great place to keep the kids entertained and a positive factor on local house prices!
This really is a great opportunity for someone to finish off the good work already started and to add value whilst making the house into a home.
This lovingly renovated village house is unique because it has features that are rarely found in a village property:
· 3 double bedrooms – all with en-suite shower rooms
· The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are accessed off the courtyard, therefore creating the potential for a separate guest annex
· The courtyard is spacious and ideal for alfresco dining
· The split level top terrace has spectacular rooftop, village, countryside and mountain views
· Complete privacy is to be found when enjoying all three outside areas - perfect for secluded sunbathing, lounging and dining
· The top terraces have all day sunshine
· The property backs onto a pine forest yet is within the village and walking distance to all amenities
· The property retains its character yet it has modern conveniences throughout
· There is a wide, natural stone pavement outside the property that does not lead to further properties, giving additional privacy.
· There is parking just to the side and below the house for convenience, yet no cars can park immediately in front of the house
· Considering the rarity of this village home and the desirable features it contains, the asking price is competitive within the property market
The location of this village home is also desirable:
· 3 minutes’ walk to the village centre with shops, bars, restaurants, supermarket, medical centre, schools etc.
· The municipal swimming pool is in the same area of the village as the property and is within easy walking distance
· Vehicle access into and out of Villanueva del Trabuco is excellent with great links (only 4km) onto the A92 motorway for speedy journeys to Antequera, Malaga, Granada, Cordoba and Sevilla.
There is much more to tell you about this charming village home…
This modern detached villa is located in the Puente de Don Manuel area close to La Vinuela village and Lake Vinuela.
Built in 2003 and located perfectly for a wide choice of local amenities, this house has it all…
· Easy to maintain 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa.
· Spacious living room with feature fireplace and a Rodi & Rofer convection wood burner
· Roof terrace, ideal for sunbathing with far reaching views
· Modern bathrooms with an en-suite to the master bedroom and a separate family bathroom with heated towel rail.
· All rooms have great views across to Lake Vinuela and the mountains
· Fully fitted kitchen with built in fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, oven & ceramic hob and a 100 litre water heater
· Double glazed windows with fly/mosi screens – keep the air flowing without any insects!
· Swimming pool with automatic cleaner
· Glazed front terrace – ideal for enjoying the outside space and views all year round!
· Close to bars, restaurants and café’s – even an Indian restaurant
· Internet with UK TV streamed plus a Sky satellite supply
· Mains electric and drainage
· Mains water supply with 1,000ltr deposit with a 3 stage water filter. Pumped into the house for fresh water constantly.
· Air conditioning with heating and cooling plus ceiling fans in every room
· Off road parking for 4 cars – gated entrance
· Garden irrigation system.
· 2 Gazebo’s plus 6 awnings to protect from the sun
· The gardens are fully enclosed – completely pet proof.
· Vegetable patch plus a variety of fruit trees including: olive, peach, plum and fig as well as 2 orange trees and 2 lemon trees.
This country property is all about a very convenient location and comfortable home:
· A detached property in the countryside but not isolated.
· Set well apart from two neighbours but they are there for company if required.
· On flat land in a geographical area that is virtually all flat.
· Conveniently close to a main road with bus stop but the road is not intrusive.
· Just 1.5km (20 mins walk) into the bustling village of Benamocarra. A walk on the flat all the way to and from the village. Benamocarra has all amenities needed for everyday living.
· Only 3km from the large and historic town of Velez Malaga where everything can be bought for modern day living.
· 9kms from the wonderful coastal town of Torre del Mar with a large sweeping bay of sand and long promenade.
· 5kms from the coastal motorway that will whisk you into Malaga city or to the airport.
· A peaceful location surrounded by agricultural farming and with great views.
· The garden is large enough to accommodate a swimming pool, variousfruit trees, formal garden and vegetable patch yet not so large that it is difficult to manage. A flat plot of 850M2 that is fully fenced and gated. The land is very fertile and it would be possible to be self-sufficient in fruit and vegetables if required. There is abundant well water for irrigation.
A comfortable home to match the convenient setting:
· 2 large double bedrooms – the master accommodating both soft seating and an en-suite bathroom and the second bedroom housing a shower cubicle.
· A living/dining room with log burning stove.
· A fully fitted kitchen.
· Office/3rd bedroom accessed from the outside.
· A cloakroom.
· Conservatory/sun room.
· Double car port.
· Above ground, portable swimming pool (round).
· A roof terrace with excellent views of the town of Velez Malaga (beautifully lit up at night).
This property is perfect for those who want to be in the countryside yet close to civilisation/a bustling village, near a large town, a short drive to the beach and moments from the coastal motorway. If you then would prefer a smaller and flat plot of land with a home that is not too large to maintain yet well proportioned – read what else there is to learn about this comfortable home…
This detached villa is located opposite the village of Colonia de Santa Ana made famous by hosting the new AVE high speed railway station providing access to the whole of Spain.
The villa is set within a private plot of 2,000M2 (half an acre) and has a scattering of neighbours in the immediate area. The views are over the surrounding countryside including olive and almond groves and a quality tarmac road gives easy access to the property.
Amenities are easy to reach - the historic city of Antequera is in one direction and the market town of Campillos in the other direction. The nearest shops and bars are located in Bobadilla Estacion, a 5 min drive away.
Antequera is just a 10/15 mins drive and benefits from a huge array of shopping, cultural events and medical facilities (the modern hospital is excellent). Given Antequera's history as being the "crossroads of Andalucia," the city is well placed to explore the whole of Andalucia and indeed, the rest of Spain.
Built in the mid 80's this house has excellent accommodation - all the rooms are generous in size and there is a 4th bedroom which is currently used as a dining room.
The villa benefits from...
· Easy/low maintenance.
· Virtually flat land.
· 3/4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom.
· Spacious living room with feature fireplace and a separate dining room (can be used as bedroom 4)
· Gated main entrance with fully fenced land - 2 separate gated entrances provide an in/out drive through option ideal for larger vehicles such as a camper van or caravans.
· Superb access to the property directly off tarmac.
· A modern and stylish bathroom refitted in 2014 with a bath, separate shower enclosure, bidet and vanity unit with basin.
· Each of the three bedrooms is a good size - generous doubles.
· Fully fitted kitchen with walk in pantry, built in oven & hob and access out to the garage and utility room.
· Garage which is connected to the main house and could be incorporated into further accommodation subject to the usual consents.
· Satellite TV and Satellite Internet system. The house also has a landline telephone (not connected currently) which will enable new owners to benefit from an ADSL broadband supply.
· Mains water and well water supply with back up 3,000ltr deposit pumped into the house.
· Off road parking for numerous cars, larger vehicles and even a boat, caravan etc.
· The land area is fully enclosed – completely pet proof.
· Virtually flat land with very large entrance gates making the installation of an above ground swimming pool with decking easy to achieve.
· The perfect location for those who wish to explore the whole of Andalucia easily via train, car or campervan. Equally, a superb location for those who's job takes them all over Spain.
· The perfect location for those who enjoy bird watching (especially wading birds) due to the close proximity of the famous lagoon at Fuente de Piedra. Large numbers of flamingos visit each year along with other wading birds.
Alicante Airport is approximately 1hr 15mins drive away and 105km. Valencia airport is about 120km taking around an hour and 30mins.
- To feel part of the community (and not isolated in the countryside).
- Enjoy living with a mix of nationalities - local Spanish couples and families, Brits and Germans.
- A small town such as Bigastro to integrate you into local Spanish life. It is just a few mins' drive away with a good selection of local amenities to include; supermarkets, shops, bars, restaurants, medical centre, schools etc.
- Sporting facilities. These are to be found on the outskirts of Bigastro. A relatively new sporting complex for a variety of sporting activities (indoors and outdoors). Many of these facilities are free to use and there is an indoor heated swimming pool (open all year round).
- A bar/restaurant nearby. At the top of the urbanisation within Camping La Pedrera. This is open to the public and all are welcome. It is an easy stroll away.
- A large open-air swimming pool within easy walking distance. The pool at Camping La Pedrera is open to the public.
- A quality coastal resort not far away. 30 mins drive will bring you to Guadamar de Segura. Here you will find a large buzzing town, coastal resort and a beach to match any along the coast of Spain - a spot for everyone.
- A stunning beach. The beach at Guadamar is a long, wide stretch of golden sand. You have the choice of a slightly more wild and natural beach with sand dune or the beach opposite the town that is backed by bars and restaurants.
- The historic city or Orihuela is only 4km/15 mins' drive away with its hilltop monastery, stunning architecture and superb medical facilities.
The villa is ideal if you want:
- A detached property in a small, easy to maintain plot of land.
- Require off street parking.
- Don't want the work of a swimming pool but would enjoy a Jacuzzi!
- Want the perfect balance between noisy town living and isolated country life.
- A bedroom and shower room on the ground floor as well as two bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
- A spacious kitchen with integrated utility room where all the white goods are included within the sale.
- The rare and modern convenience of gas fired central heating via a mains supply of gas.
- Sky satellite t.v. plus freeview UK channels.
- Broadband internet and phone via satellite (at no extra cost to a land-line and no difference in reliability).
The nearest airports are: Both Alicante and Murchia airports are reached by car in 45 mins.
For sale direct from the owner!
This 1,000M2 plot of land is located within the Huertas del Rio urbanization, just 6km from the attractive town of Archidona, a short distance from the A92 motorway (with great access to the whole of Andalucia) and 10km from the historic city of Antequera.
Build the home of your dreams with ease. The town hall will allow you to be as creative as you wish and build any style of property within the 267M2 permitted build size.
A single storey villa or house over two floors is permitted within the 267M2, plus any size basement (without limit) can be built in addition to the 267M2.
A swimming pool, terracing and garage are also able to be constructed to your specification.
Services to the property: Mains electricity, mains water, unlimited well water supply at no cost (water never dries up), community maintenance staff who keep the urbanisation well maintained at a low cost of €31.48 per month.
Driving to Malaga airport is quick and straight forward due to the easy access to the A92 motorway (the airports of Granada and Sevilla are also easily accessible).
The cities of Malaga, Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla and Jerez are all accessible via motorway with the connection to the motorway being only moments away by car.
Every amenity needed for modern day living is within a 6km to 10km radius.
There is a lot more to learn about this fabulous opportunity to build to your specification...
For sale directly from the owner!
A lovely traditional Menorcan Farmhouse, originally built about 1880 but totally refurbished in recent years and set in a most delightful country location.
Peace, quiet and convenience best describe this ideal location yet the property is far from isolated.
Just 4 mins walk brings you to the the centre of the village of Sant Clemente. A leisurely morning stroll into the village is a pleasure. Buy freshly baked bread, have a quick cup of coffee in the square by the church (near the choice of 3 banks), hairdresser, supermarket and numerous restaurants and then munch the end of the loaf on a quick march home past the school and down the lane.
Of course, the modern world is only a 6 min drive away with the capital, Mahon offering everything from shopping, dining options through to cultural events.
The airport is also just a 4 minute drive away.
The house itself is set back from the lane by some 40 meters and sits in the middle of its own 2,500M2 plot (approx) and has 2 entrances, one for pedestrians and the other for vehicles.
A swinging drive leads to the garage, all set in natural gardens and divided by dry stone traditional walls.
The garage offers the possibility of conversion to extend the living or bedroom accommodation, subject to local authority approval.
Through the Menorcan gates we enter a huge terrace area with an 8m x 5m swimming pool and circular Jacuzzi. There is plenty of space for outside living for those long, hot summer months.
Entering the courtyard in front of the house is a fully working traditional wood burning oven, perfect for homemade pizza and still used regularly in some parts of the island. Nispero trees provide welcome shade from the summer sun and a haven for the wild birds such as Great Tits, Sparrows and Gold Finches.
bedrooms (both en-suite) on the ground floor (1 double & 1 single).
The mains electricity has been totally updated to the latest regulations.
There is central heating throughout fired by a gas-oil boiler providing all the year round living in comfort and style.
The property has a land line telephone and 10MGB internet connection.
Water is from its own private well automatically pumped and filtered to the deep cisterna (storage tank). The water well is 100M deep and the water flow is 0.5ltrs per second. The water well is a real asset to the property and provides all water needed for the property, pool and garden all year round.
For sale direct from owner!
Finca las Morenas is a substantial property and comprises of:
A spacious, 239M2 main house with 2 bedrooms and two 2 bathrooms:
The main house has a guest bedroom and guest shower room on the ground floor and the entire 1st floor comprises of a master bedroom suite to include a large bedroom, a study/dressing room, en-suite bathroom and sun room with floor to ceiling windows taking in the panoramic views.
A separate guest annex of 77M2 with 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom:
The annex accommodation currently consists of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. However, the 2nd bedroom could be converted into a living/dining room with a kitchenette being installed where a large storage room is currently located. This would transform the annex into a self-catering cottage. Should this conversion be done, the cottage has the potential to become a very successful holiday let (ideal for holiday makers who are nature loving/outdoor enthusiasts).
The property is either surrounded by the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park (boundary - 50m from the property) or its own land (37,857M2). This provides complete privacy. The track to and past the property is only used by the owners or the forestry commission. No public access is possible into the park via this route.
Access to the property is via a quality gravel track (no four wheel drive vehicles are necessary) as the track is well maintained by the council for the use of the forestry commission.
Both the villages of Yunquera and El Burgo are 10mins drive away.
Ronda and Coin are the nearest major towns, 40mins drive away.
The views are breath taking and take in the mountain of La Cabrilla and the forest.
The land is prime pasture land, ideal for the keeping of any live stock. Horses thrive in the area famous for breeding some of the finest pure bred Andalucía horses in the world.
Home grown vegetables: The current owners have a walled vegetable garden and fenced vegetable plot for all year round self-sufficiency in vegetables.
Finca las Morenas is a property, ideal for nature lovers who crave peace and tranquillity but who want to live in comfort - in a home of spacious proportions and quality finishes. This beautiful home is also perfect for those who would prefer to live in a property that has a low impact on the environment.
There is so much more to tell you about this special property…
For sale direct from owner!
This substantial villa offers the opportunity for...
- A large family to live together, comfortably
- An extended family to live together, yet with some independence over two floors each with their own space.
- B & B or Guest House
- The ground floor gym plus utility room also has a shower room plus independent access to the outside. Therefore, these rooms could relatively easily be converted into an independent 1 bed annex.
The villa consists of...
- Modern finishes throughout yet the property has an Andalucian feel. Stone window reveals, wooden windows with shutter on the first floor, wooden internal and external doors throughout and UPVC double glazing on the ground floor.
- The floor tiling throughout is consistent: The ground floor has terracotta floor tiles and the first floor has black and white (chessboard style) floor tiling.
- Spacious and modern kitchen/diner.
- A palm-lined entrance drive with iron gates
- Large garage for 4 cars over two levels
- Large 10 x 5M salt water swimming pool
- Sun terrace surrounding the pool
- 2 alfresco dining areas
- Soft seating eating and dining area to the side of the property
Ground floor accommodation...
- Entrance with hallway with stairs rising to the first floor
- Living/dining room with feature fireplace
- Family kitchen/dining room (large & modern)
- 5th bedroom currently used as a study/occasional bedroom
- Gym with walk-in shower (could be converted into a 6th bedroom with en-suite)
- Utility room
First floor accommodation...
- Living room with soft seating and T.V.
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 2nd bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 3rd bedroom with shower cubicle
- 4th bedroom which is a twin, single or bunk bed room
- The villa is located off a tarmac road with 50 meters of gravel entrance.
- The nearest village is Algarinejo (10 mins drive) where there are all the amenities needed for everyday living. Algarinejo even has a fine dining restaurant, tipped for a Michelin Stare!
- The villa is virtually half way between Lake Iznajar and Preigo de Cordoba (20 mins’ drive).
- There is a good bar/restaurant approx. 7 mins drive away in Palancar
- The location is not isolated as there are neighbours dotted around the area of mixed nationalities.
- Malaga – approx. 85 mins’ drive
- Granada – approx. 60 mins’ drive
For sale direct from owner...
FOR SALE DIRECT FROM OWNERS!
Las Monjas is a beautiful modern Cortijo, built in 2005 with full building permits and a Licence of First Occupation. The styling of the property is that of an Andalucian Cortijo but the finishes are of a first class, rustic styled villa.
The building permit for the property was obtained when it was still possible to pick your favourite view and build your dream property. That is exactly what the current owners did but due to failing health, they now sadly need to sell. They won’t be moving far however, they love the area but want a smaller home to retire to.
The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, modern finishes, superb outside living/dining areas and a 10M x 5M swimming pool.
Set in the foothills of the stunning La Maroma mountain which is snow-capped in winter, it is still possible to sunbathe on the beach!
Las Monjas offers excellent equestrian facilities and dog kennelling set in 19,000M2 (just under 5 acres) of land with paddocks, a ménage for schooling horses, 2 stables, and tack room.
Architect’s drawings are available (see photos) for the conversion of the stables and tack room into a separate guest cottage. If horses are not your passion, perhaps you would like a self-contained guest cottage for visiting family or paying guests.
The property is conveniently located only 5mins drive from the picturesque white village of Cannillas de Aceituno, which has much to offer. Infant and Junior schools, small supermarket, 2 butchers, pharmacy, ironmongers with independent shops of every variety, 2 banks, numerous bars and restaurants. In addition a church, medical centre, municipal swimming pool, children’s playground and of course the all-important, village square.
Coastal towns: Only 25mins drive to the bustling historic town of Velez Malaga and 30mins to the seaside town and beach of Torre del Mar.
Nearest airport: 55 mins’ drive to Malaga airport.
For sale direct from owner!
Casa de Aldea is a historic cottage located on the edge of the very charming and tiny urban village of Las Mayoralas. Situated virtually on the edge of Lake Vinuela and surrounded by countryside - the setting is stunning. Las Mayoralas is a small community that was historically a large Cortijo, segregated in 1972 to become an 'Urban' hamlet. There is just one bar/restaurant within walking distance and the hamlet comes under the municipality of Periana which is 5 minutes drive away.
Casa de Aldea was lovingly renovated between 2005 and 2009 with the original features being sympathetically retained and modern conveniences added.
Finding a village property with outside space and stunning views is often a challenge, however this desirable property has 4 alfresco areas: A roof terrace with outstanding countryside and lake views (accessed from both first floor bedrooms), an intimate courtyard garden ideal for a Jacuzzi, a morning coffee terrace with retracting sun blind next to the entrance and a spacious sun terrace with covered dining area that has stunning, uninterrupted lake views.
The cottage is set over two storeys with both bedrooms and the bathroom being on the first floor and the living accommodation at street level.
A few minutes walk leads you to the water's edge or to a bar/restaurant.
5 minutes' drive takes you up to the village of Periana renowned for its spring water, peaches and olive oil.
Access to the property is via a concrete road to the door from Periana.
Periana is a vibrant and large village with just under 4,000 inhabitants and has every amenity needed for modern day living. A municipal outdoor swimming pool, shops, bars, restaurant, medical centre, weekly market, sports facilities (to include a popular Zumba class!) and numerous festival and fairs to join in with throughout the year.
For sale direct from owner!
Cana Bet is a traditional, detached Mallorcan village home that dates back to 1860. It has been sympathetically renovated to a high standard and has a commanding location towards the edge of the charming village of Mancor del Val, which is 5 km from the market town of Inca. The property has two large double bedrooms each with use of a bathroom (one en-suite). The second living room/t.v. room/study can be used as an occasional bedroom if required.
The property has its own beautiful and mature garden plus wonderful terraced and balcony areas which are accessed from virtually all the rooms in the house. A garage is also a real bonus when living in a Mallorcan village.
This immaculate and characterful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home, has a slightly elevated position and therefore, far reaching roof top countryside and mountain views.
The village of Mancor del Vall has a central location on the island and is 30 minutes from the capital, Palma and 20 to 25 minutes’ drive from the coastal resorts of Pollensa and Alcudia. Mancor del Val may only have just over 1,000 inhabitants, but the villagers are very well provided for with all amenities needed for everyday living to include a municipal swimming pool, bars, restaurants, a bank, pharmacy and much more. The village also has a great social calendar of festivals and fairs.
Installing a swimming pool is a reality: Many of the neighbouring properties to Cana Bet have swimming pools and due to the urban classification of the land, subject to standard planning permission, there is no reason why Cana Bet cannot have a swimming pool itself. There is enough garden to accommodate a pool without taking over the entire plot.
The current owners, over the past 20 years have invested a lot of time, money and love into Cana Bet, bringing it up to the high standard of comfort and décor it currently has. Should the new owners of this charming home, install a swimming pool, there is real value to be added and it will be, ‘the icing on the cake!’ Of course, the property can be enjoyed as it is, without a pool – the option is yours!
There is a lot more to tell you about this wonderful property, the municipality it is in and also what is on offer a little further away on the beautiful Spanish island of Mallorca…
For sale direct from owner...
Mijas Costa has to be one of Andalucia’s most popular locations for International buyers to purchase their ‘place in the sun.’ This two storey villa with panoramic Mediterranean Sea views has a lot to offer…
Location, location, location…
· Panoramic Mediterranean Sea view to the South, East and West.
· Located on a coastal promontory.
· Well established and well renowned Urbanisation El Faro (The Lighthouse) with very reasonable community charges.
· An urbanisation that has been established since the 1960’s and it is quiet with mainly permanent residents during the high season summer months.
· Moments from the beach.
· Close enough to the A7 coastal road for convenience, but not heard nor seen from the property.
· 20 minutes’ drive to Malaga airport.
· 15 minutes’ drive into central Marbella.
· 30 minutes’ drive to downtown Malaga/Malaga’s modern marina.
· A few minutes’ walk to 2 bars and restaurants and a supermarket.
· 15 to 20 minutes’ walk to further bar restaurants with cuisine from around the world.
· 4 minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop on the coastal road (East & West)
· Bus link to an underground and over ground train line to Malaga airport and Malaga city centre with connections to high speed AVE trains to Madrid and Barcelona.
· Close proximity to a selection of state schools and world renowned International schools.
· Central to sporting facilities, the nearest just moments away in the car.
· Large communal swimming pool complex on the urbanisation, seconds on foot from the villa. The pool complex has a bar/restaurant with large terrace.
· Close to amenities and services, yet the garden of the villa is completely private and not overlooked.
· Relax in the master bedroom suite on the first floor and have an un-interrupted sea view without even leaving your bed. Experiencing the moonlit seascape is a must!
· The lighthouse (El Faro) can be seen from the house and garden without light pollution to the urbanisation.
· Primary schools are within easy walking distance.
· The medical centre a very short drive away.
· The urbanisation has a well-stocked library of Spanish, English and German books.
What makes this light and bright villa special?...
· A spacious villa built over two floors.
· A private and not overlooked garden with a communal pool just steps away that you don’t have to look after yourself!
· Space for a pool in the garden, should you wish to construct one of your own (permissible by law with standard building permits applied for).
· Two covered and glazed, alfresco terraces – ground floor and first floor (glass curtained).
· The master bedroom suite accommodates the entire first floor.
· Two guest bedrooms and a bathroom are located on the ground floor.
· The kitchen is newly fitted and very modern in style.
· A spacious living room.
· A separate and formal dining room.
· Light coloured marble flooring throughout.
· Gas central heating throughout (for the short cooler winter months).
· No need for air-conditioning due to the sea being on three sides of the property and a cooling sea breeze cools the property.
· Land-line phone and internet connected. T.V. can be streamed easily via the internet.
· International T.V. via satellite (English, German, Spanish & French)
· A detached garage.
For sale direct from the owners!
This charming and very private retreat, Esion, is a spacious and traditional country home where you can escape from hectic modern life. The house is set in 13,000M2 of mainly cork oak and olive trees with a further selection of citrus, nut and fruit trees. Esion was lovingly renovated with care and consideration by its current owner – an author/writer who created a peaceful home and inspirational place to write and relax.
Whilst the immediate location of Esion is a haven of tranquillity, it is not completely isolated from the local community, as the tiny village of La Tojera is only 700M away. The village might be small but there is a shop that seems to sell everything and a bar/restaurant with accommodation and free Wi-Fi. Then, a little further away (9km) is the larger town of La Codosera that has everything needed for modern day living.
Esion, is an off grid, eco-friendly home, powered by solar and fed by a 100 year old water well (spring water) for drinking and topping up the pool and a bore well is used for watering the gardens/land as required.
The property is quite extensive - total construction 253M2 (to include separate buildings). The current owners renovated this lovely home to be light and airy with a very large living room of 60M2 with vaulted and beamed ceiling. Further accommodation comprises: a separate kitchen, a dining room and a bathroom. The electricity for the main house is powered by solar and heating is via a wood burning stove in the living room (there is another chimney situated in the dining room should an additional wood burning stove be required).
Located next to the pool, is a separate building which accommodates two rooms, currently used as occasional guest bedrooms. However, there is currently no bathroom within this building or wiring for electricity supply. Amenities could quite easily be installed if required. The rooms would equally make perfect hobby rooms, home office or artist studio. They are finished to the same high standard of décor as the main house.
The pool is of a high quality construction and not standard in shape to give interest and easy access into the water via Roman steps. It is surrounded by a natural slate terrace and the pool tiles are green so that the pool water blends into natural surroundings.
Additional outbuildings include: The garage, utility room, woodshed and pig pen.
Modern connections and communications are possible: There is mains water in the area. The current owner made the decision to live off grid, however there is also mains electricity locally and the surrounding neighbours have given permission for electricity cables to be laid under their land (the cost of this when quoted was less around €12,000). Telephone and internet connections can be installed by a company in Seville(provided via satellite at costs similar to a land-line) and international TV could either be received via satellite or via streaming on the internet.
Airports: Badajoz airport is the closest at 1 hr 15mins with domestic flights from Barcelona or Madrid (Vueling Airlines). Sevilla is the nearest international airport at around 3 hrs and being close to the Portuguese border, Lisbon is actually a little closer both with budget airlines flying in regularly.