For sale direct from the owner!
This 1,000M2 plot of land is located within the Huertas del Rio urbanization, a short distance from the attractive town of Archidona, a very short distance from the A92 motorway (great access to the whole of Andalucia) and the historic city of Antequera is just 10kms away.
Build the home of your dreams.
For sale directly from the owner!
A lovely traditional Menorcan Farmhouse, originally built about 1880 but totally refurbished in recent years and set in a most delightful country location.
Peace, quiet and convenience best describe this ideal location yet the property is far from isolated.
Just 4 mins walk brings you to the the centre of the village of Sant Clemente. A leisurely morning stroll into the village is a pleasure. Buy freshly baked bread, have a quick cup of coffee in the square by the church (near the choice of 3 banks), hairdresser, supermarket and numerous restaurants and then munch the end of the loaf on a quick march home past the school and down the lane.
Of course, the modern world is only a 6 min drive away with the capital, Mahon offering everything from shopping, dining options through to cultural events.
The airport is also just a 4 minute drive away.
The house itself is set back from the lane by some 40 meters and sits in the middle of its own 2,500M2 plot (approx) and has 2 entrances, one for pedestrians and the other for vehicles.
A swinging drive leads to the garage, all set in natural gardens and divided by dry stone traditional walls.
The garage offers the possibility of conversion to extend the living or bedroom accommodation, subject to local authority approval.
Through the Menorcan gates we enter a huge terrace area with an 8m x 5m swimming pool and circular Jacuzzi. There is plenty of space for outside living for those long, hot summer months.
Entering the courtyard in front of the house is a fully working traditional wood burning oven, perfect for homemade pizza and still used regularly in some parts of the island. Nispero trees provide welcome shade from the summer sun and a haven for the wild birds such as Great Tits, Sparrows and Gold Finches.
bedrooms (both en-suite) on the ground floor (1 double & 1 single).
The mains electricity has been totally updated to the latest regulations.
There is central heating throughout fired by a gas-oil boiler providing all the year round living in comfort and style.
The property has a land line telephone and 10MGB internet connection.
Water is from its own private well automatically pumped and filtered to the deep cisterna (storage tank). The water well is 100M deep and the water flow is 0.5ltrs per second. The water well is a real asset to the property and provides all water needed for the property, pool and garden all year round.
For sale direct from owner!
Finca las Morenas is a substantial property and comprises of:
A spacious, 239M2 main house with 2 bedrooms and two 2 bathrooms:
The main house has a guest bedroom and guest shower room on the ground floor and the entire 1st floor comprises of a master bedroom suite to include a large bedroom, a study/dressing room, en-suite bathroom and sun room with floor to ceiling windows taking in the panoramic views.
A separate guest annex of 77M2 with 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom:
The annex accommodation currently consists of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. However, the 2nd bedroom could be converted into a living/dining room with a kitchenette being installed where a large storage room is currently located. This would transform the annex into a self-catering cottage. Should this conversion be done, the cottage has the potential to become a very successful holiday let (ideal for holiday makers who are nature loving/outdoor enthusiasts).
The property is either surrounded by the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park (boundary - 50m from the property) or its own land (37,857M2). This provides complete privacy. The track to and past the property is only used by the owners or the forestry commission. No public access is possible into the park via this route.
Access to the property is via a quality gravel track (no four wheel drive vehicles are necessary) as the track is well maintained by the council for the use of the forestry commission.
Both the villages of Yunquera and El Burgo are 10mins drive away.
Ronda and Coin are the nearest major towns, 40mins drive away.
The views are breath taking and take in the mountain of La Cabrilla and the forest.
The land is prime pasture land, ideal for the keeping of any live stock. Horses thrive in the area famous for breeding some of the finest pure bred Andalucía horses in the world.
Home grown vegetables: The current owners have a walled vegetable garden and fenced vegetable plot for all year round self-sufficiency in vegetables.
Finca las Morenas is a property, ideal for nature lovers who crave peace and tranquillity but who want to live in comfort - in a home of spacious proportions and quality finishes. This beautiful home is also perfect for those who would prefer to live in a property that has a low impact on the environment.
There is so much more to tell you about this special property…
For sale direct from owner!
This substantial villa offers the opportunity for...
- A large family to live together, comfortably
- An extended family to live together, yet with some independence over two floors each with their own space.
- B & B or Guest House
- The ground floor gym plus utility room also has a shower room plus independent access to the outside. Therefore, these rooms could relatively easily be converted into an independent 1 bed annex.
The villa consists of...
- Modern finishes throughout yet the property has an Andalucian feel. Stone window reveals, wooden windows with shutter on the first floor, wooden internal and external doors throughout and UPVC double glazing on the ground floor.
- The floor tiling throughout is consistent: The ground floor has terracotta floor tiles and the first floor has black and white (chessboard style) floor tiling.
- Spacious and modern kitchen/diner.
- A palm-lined entrance drive with iron gates
- Large garage for 4 cars over two levels
- Large 10 x 5M salt water swimming pool
- Sun terrace surrounding the pool
- 2 alfresco dining areas
- Soft seating eating and dining area to the side of the property
Ground floor accommodation...
- Entrance with hallway with stairs rising to the first floor
- Living/dining room with feature fireplace
- Family kitchen/dining room (large & modern)
- 5th bedroom currently used as a study/occasional bedroom
- Gym with walk-in shower (could be converted into a 6th bedroom with en-suite)
- Utility room
First floor accommodation...
- Living room with soft seating and T.V.
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 2nd bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 3rd bedroom with shower cubicle
- 4th bedroom which is a twin, single or bunk bed room
- The villa is located off a tarmac road with 50 meters of gravel entrance.
- The nearest village is Algarinejo (10 mins drive) where there are all the amenities needed for everyday living. Algarinejo even has a fine dining restaurant, tipped for a Michelin Stare!
- The villa is virtually half way between Lake Iznajar and Preigo de Cordoba (20 mins’ drive).
- There is a good bar/restaurant approx. 7 mins drive away in Palancar
- The location is not isolated as there are neighbours dotted around the area of mixed nationalities.
- Malaga – approx. 85 mins’ drive
- Granada – approx. 60 mins’ drive
For sale direct from owner...
FOR SALE DIRECT FROM OWNERS!
Las Monjas is a beautiful modern Cortijo, built in 2005 with full building permits and a Licence of First Occupation. The styling of the property is that of an Andalucian Cortijo but the finishes are of a first class, rustic styled villa.
The building permit for the property was obtained when it was still possible to pick your favourite view and build your dream property. That is exactly what the current owners did but due to failing health, they now sadly need to sell. They won’t be moving far however, they love the area but want a smaller home to retire to.
The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, modern finishes, superb outside living/dining areas and a 10M x 5M swimming pool.
Set in the foothills of the stunning La Maroma mountain which is snow-capped in winter, it is still possible to sunbathe on the beach!
Las Monjas offers excellent equestrian facilities and dog kennelling set in 19,000M2 (just under 5 acres) of land with paddocks, a ménage for schooling horses, 2 stables, and tack room.
Architect’s drawings are available (see photos) for the conversion of the stables and tack room into a separate guest cottage. If horses are not your passion, perhaps you would like a self-contained guest cottage for visiting family or paying guests.
The property is conveniently located only 5mins drive from the picturesque white village of Cannillas de Aceituno, which has much to offer. Infant and Junior schools, small supermarket, 2 butchers, pharmacy, ironmongers with independent shops of every variety, 2 banks, numerous bars and restaurants. In addition a church, medical centre, municipal swimming pool, children’s playground and of course the all-important, village square.
Coastal towns: Only 25mins drive to the bustling historic town of Velez Malaga and 30mins to the seaside town and beach of Torre del Mar.
Nearest airport: 55 mins’ drive to Malaga airport.
For sale direct from owner!
Casa de Aldea is a historic cottage located on the edge of the very charming and tiny urban village of Las Mayoralas. Situated virtually on the edge of Lake Vinuela and surrounded by countryside - the setting is stunning. Las Mayoralas is a small community that was historically a large Cortijo, segregated in 1972 to become an 'Urban' hamlet. There is just one bar/restaurant within walking distance and the hamlet comes under the municipality of Periana which is 5 minutes drive away.
Casa de Aldea was lovingly renovated between 2005 and 2009 with the original features being sympathetically retained and modern conveniences added.
Finding a village property with outside space and stunning views is often a challenge, however this desirable property has 4 alfresco areas: A roof terrace with outstanding countryside and lake views (accessed from both first floor bedrooms), an intimate courtyard garden ideal for a Jacuzzi, a morning coffee terrace with retracting sun blind next to the entrance and a spacious sun terrace with covered dining area that has stunning, uninterrupted lake views.
The cottage is set over two storeys with both bedrooms and the bathroom being on the first floor and the living accommodation at street level.
A few minutes walk leads you to the water's edge or to a bar/restaurant.
5 minutes' drive takes you up to the village of Periana renowned for its spring water, peaches and olive oil.
Access to the property is via a concrete road to the door from Periana.
Periana is a vibrant and large village with just under 4,000 inhabitants and has every amenity needed for modern day living. A municipal outdoor swimming pool, shops, bars, restaurant, medical centre, weekly market, sports facilities (to include a popular Zumba class!) and numerous festival and fairs to join in with throughout the year.
For sale direct from owner!
Cana Bet is a traditional, detached Mallorcan village home that dates back to 1860. It has been sympathetically renovated to a high standard and has a commanding location towards the edge of the charming village of Mancor del Val, which is 5 km from the market town of Inca. The property has two large double bedrooms each with use of a bathroom (one en-suite). The second living room/t.v. room/study can be used as an occasional bedroom if required.
The property has its own beautiful and mature garden plus wonderful terraced and balcony areas which are accessed from virtually all the rooms in the house. A garage is also a real bonus when living in a Mallorcan village.
This immaculate and characterful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home, has a slightly elevated position and therefore, far reaching roof top countryside and mountain views.
The village of Mancor del Vall has a central location on the island and is 30 minutes from the capital, Palma and 20 to 25 minutes’ drive from the coastal resorts of Pollensa and Alcudia. Mancor del Val may only have just over 1,000 inhabitants, but the villagers are very well provided for with all amenities needed for everyday living to include a municipal swimming pool, bars, restaurants, a bank, pharmacy and much more. The village also has a great social calendar of festivals and fairs.
Installing a swimming pool is a reality: Many of the neighbouring properties to Cana Bet have swimming pools and due to the urban classification of the land, subject to standard planning permission, there is no reason why Cana Bet cannot have a swimming pool itself. There is enough garden to accommodate a pool without taking over the entire plot.
The current owners, over the past 20 years have invested a lot of time, money and love into Cana Bet, bringing it up to the high standard of comfort and décor it currently has. Should the new owners of this charming home, install a swimming pool, there is real value to be added and it will be, ‘the icing on the cake!’ Of course, the property can be enjoyed as it is, without a pool – the option is yours!
There is a lot more to tell you about this wonderful property, the municipality it is in and also what is on offer a little further away on the beautiful Spanish island of Mallorca…
For sale direct from owner...
Mijas Costa has to be one of Andalucia’s most popular locations for International buyers to purchase their ‘place in the sun.’ This two storey villa with panoramic Mediterranean Sea views has a lot to offer…
Location, location, location…
· Panoramic Mediterranean Sea view to the South, East and West.
· Located on a coastal promontory.
· Well established and well renowned Urbanisation El Faro (The Lighthouse) with very reasonable community charges.
· An urbanisation that has been established since the 1960’s and it is quiet with mainly permanent residents during the high season summer months.
· Moments from the beach.
· Close enough to the A7 coastal road for convenience, but not heard nor seen from the property.
· 20 minutes’ drive to Malaga airport.
· 15 minutes’ drive into central Marbella.
· 30 minutes’ drive to downtown Malaga/Malaga’s modern marina.
· A few minutes’ walk to 2 bars and restaurants and a supermarket.
· 15 to 20 minutes’ walk to further bar restaurants with cuisine from around the world.
· 4 minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop on the coastal road (East & West)
· Bus link to an underground and over ground train line to Malaga airport and Malaga city centre with connections to high speed AVE trains to Madrid and Barcelona.
· Close proximity to a selection of state schools and world renowned International schools.
· Central to sporting facilities, the nearest just moments away in the car.
· Large communal swimming pool complex on the urbanisation, seconds on foot from the villa. The pool complex has a bar/restaurant with large terrace.
· Close to amenities and services, yet the garden of the villa is completely private and not overlooked.
· Relax in the master bedroom suite on the first floor and have an un-interrupted sea view without even leaving your bed. Experiencing the moonlit seascape is a must!
· The lighthouse (El Faro) can be seen from the house and garden without light pollution to the urbanisation.
· Primary schools are within easy walking distance.
· The medical centre a very short drive away.
· The urbanisation has a well-stocked library of Spanish, English and German books.
What makes this light and bright villa special?...
· A spacious villa built over two floors.
· A private and not overlooked garden with a communal pool just steps away that you don’t have to look after yourself!
· Space for a pool in the garden, should you wish to construct one of your own (permissible by law with standard building permits applied for).
· Two covered and glazed, alfresco terraces – ground floor and first floor (glass curtained).
· The master bedroom suite accommodates the entire first floor.
· Two guest bedrooms and a bathroom are located on the ground floor.
· The kitchen is newly fitted and very modern in style.
· A spacious living room.
· A separate and formal dining room.
· Light coloured marble flooring throughout.
· Gas central heating throughout (for the short cooler winter months).
· No need for air-conditioning due to the sea being on three sides of the property and a cooling sea breeze cools the property.
· Land-line phone and internet connected. T.V. can be streamed easily via the internet.
· International T.V. via satellite (English, German, Spanish & French)
· A detached garage.
For sale direct from the owners!
This charming and very private retreat, Esion, is a spacious and traditional country home where you can escape from hectic modern life. The house is set in 13,000M2 of mainly cork oak and olive trees with a further selection of citrus, nut and fruit trees. Esion was lovingly renovated with care and consideration by its current owner – an author/writer who created a peaceful home and inspirational place to write and relax.
Whilst the immediate location of Esion is a haven of tranquillity, it is not completely isolated from the local community, as the tiny village of La Tojera is only 700M away. The village might be small but there is a shop that seems to sell everything and a bar/restaurant with accommodation and free Wi-Fi. Then, a little further away (9km) is the larger town of La Codosera that has everything needed for modern day living.
Esion, is an off grid, eco-friendly home, powered by solar and fed by a 100 year old water well (spring water) for drinking and topping up the pool and a bore well is used for watering the gardens/land as required.
The property is quite extensive - total construction 253M2 (to include separate buildings). The current owners renovated this lovely home to be light and airy with a very large living room of 60M2 with vaulted and beamed ceiling. Further accommodation comprises: a separate kitchen, a dining room and a bathroom. The electricity for the main house is powered by solar and heating is via a wood burning stove in the living room (there is another chimney situated in the dining room should an additional wood burning stove be required).
Located next to the pool, is a separate building which accommodates two rooms, currently used as occasional guest bedrooms. However, there is currently no bathroom within this building or wiring for electricity supply. Amenities could quite easily be installed if required. The rooms would equally make perfect hobby rooms, home office or artist studio. They are finished to the same high standard of décor as the main house.
The pool is of a high quality construction and not standard in shape to give interest and easy access into the water via Roman steps. It is surrounded by a natural slate terrace and the pool tiles are green so that the pool water blends into natural surroundings.
Additional outbuildings include: The garage, utility room, woodshed and pig pen.
Modern connections and communications are possible: There is mains water in the area. The current owner made the decision to live off grid, however there is also mains electricity locally and the surrounding neighbours have given permission for electricity cables to be laid under their land (the cost of this when quoted was less around €12,000). Telephone and internet connections can be installed by a company in Seville(provided via satellite at costs similar to a land-line) and international TV could either be received via satellite or via streaming on the internet.
Airports: Badajoz airport is the closest at 1 hr 15mins with domestic flights from Barcelona or Madrid (Vueling Airlines). Sevilla is the nearest international airport at around 3 hrs and being close to the Portuguese border, Lisbon is actually a little closer both with budget airlines flying in regularly.
For sale direct from owner!
This detached villa considering the proximity to the sought-after village of Sayalonga.
The villa comes with a large swimming pool and has a detached workshop which could be converted into a potential guest cottage.
The villa is modern but has been built with character and a rustic charm which cleverly blends the modernity with a traditional feel.
The location is ideal – just above the village for easy integration into local life yet far enough away for absolute peace, quiet and tranquillity. No need for a 4 x 4 vehicle as the access is a combination of tarmac and concrete straight to the front door.
Set in one of the most popular parts of the Axarquia, Sayalonga has long been a destination for many wanting the charm of this pretty village but it is not isolated – just 15 minutes by car and you are on the coastal motorway connecting you to the rest of Andalucia.
The villa has panoramic views towards the Sierra Tejada, to include the impressive mountain La Maroma which is sometimes snow-capped in winter. Mountain views abound but beach lovers can be soaking up the sun at Torre del Mar in less than 20mins.
Just a few of the benefits of this villa include:
- · 3 good sized bedrooms
- · Luxurious bathroom
- · Modern fully fitted kitchen
- · Spacious living room with feature fireplace
- · Double glazing throughout
- · Terracotta floor tiles
- · Detached workshop/utility room – ideal for use as guest accommodation
- · Large 8 x 5 meter swimming pool
- · Good access all the way to the front door
- · Walking distance of Sayalonga village
- · Easy access to the coast and Malaga airport
This attractive villa really does offer the best of both worlds – peace and tranquillity with easy access to everything that you’ll need to enjoy living here.
For sale direct from the owners!
This traditional country villa sits in a generous plot of rustic flat land, mainly consisting of an olive orchard with additional fruit and citrus trees.
The villa is surrounded by mature formal gardens and terracing to include the 8 x 4M pool. The land is fully fenced and has a formal gated entrance with driveway. The property has 3 bedrooms and one bathroom plus a lovely sun room. In addition, located at the far end of the pool area, sits a mobile home used to accommodate guests. Central heating, air-conditioning, satellite TV, land-line phone and internet (Wi-Fi) are installed/connected and the property is fully registered and has the required Licence of First Occupation meaning the property is fully legal and can be sold/purchased quickly and easily.
The mobile home consists of 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom (with full drainage and own water and electricity supply). It is ideal for visiting guests.
The property can generate an income from the olive trees on the land (currently cared for and harvested by a neighbour – an agreement that can be continued or ceased as wished) plus the mobile home represents an opportunity for holiday rental income should it be required
Views: The property enjoys views of the surrounding countryside and even the Mediterranean Sea and mountain ranges from the solarium on the roof.
Location: This country villa is located just inland by 10 mins from the well-known coastal town of L’Ampolla which has every amenity needed for modern day living. The villa also has the bonus of being in a private and tranquil situation yet not isolated from civilization and quality roads to include access to the A-7/E-15 motorway from L’Ampolla connecting you to all Spain has to offer.
Countryside and beach: The location has the best of both worlds – countryside on the doorstep or the beach a quick drive away.
Airports: There is the choice of Reus airport (45 mins drive), Barcelona (2 hours drive North), Valencia (2 hours drive South). The recently completed (and soon to be operational) Castellon airport is an hour's drive.
The current owners of this charming villa also own an adjacent plot of land (13,500M2) which is classified as ‘Urban’ by the town hall and this plot is also available for sale (separately or as part of the villa). Please see ‘photos’ for a plan of the plot. This ‘Urban’ parcel of land can remain as it is (a productive olive orchard) or can be legally split and developed if preferred. The number of houses that can be constructed has to be confirmed but the adjacent land has already been developed so a precedent has been clearly set.
Please contact us for a price for the urban land as a separate parcel.
There is a lot more to tell you about this charming, traditional villa set in a quality, flat plot of land…
For sale direct from the owners!
This spacious village house has a large lounge/diner, kitchen, bathroom and shower room and 4 bedrooms.
There is a partially covered patio and a large roof terrace. This house has excellent storage including a large room that could easily be a workshop.
In the centre of the village with plenty of parking and close to shops and bars. The coast and mountains are both just 20 minutes away, the airport is 45 minutes away.
Just a few of the key features of this charming village house…
- · 4 bedrooms
- · Large bathroom and shower room
- · Rear courtyard/patio (partly covered)
- · Large open-plan living and dining room
- · Kitchen/breakfast room with granite work surfaces
- · Large storage room – ideal for use as a workshop
- · Huge roof terrace with space for loungers and hot tub
- · Close to local facilities
- · Just 10mins to Velez Malaga
- · Just 20mins to the coast and beaches of Torre del Mar
For sale direct from owner...
This unique property has to be one of the best central village properties available for sale in the Iznajar area – a quality construction (built in 2006) with great attention to detail/finishing touches. This property has all the features often so hard to find in a village property and makes a fabulous live-in and run B & B or superb holiday rental property (a great lock-up-and-go that earns good money!).
What makes this village home so special…
· Three outside spaces to include a large roof terrace with Jacuzzi/360 degree countryside views and a good size balcony off the living room that overlooks the plaza.
· A plunge pool with swim against jets could be installed on the roof terrace if desired.
· 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
· A master bedroom suite to include a sumptuous en-suite with ‘his and hers’ vanity basins, Jacuzzi bath and feature ‘Grecian’ style walk-in shower, plus a dressing room/area or nursery for baby.
· A traditional building in style, to include feature fireplaces and high ceilings, yet light and bright with big windows and spacious rooms.
· A large country style kitchen/diner with feature fireplace housing the range cooker, integrated appliances and central table that seats 10.
· Two living rooms – a fabulous dual aspect lounge with feature fireplace/wood burning stove. Plus a Snug/teenage den/TV room/library
· A hobby room or study/home office.
· A garage/utility room with internal access to the property.
· Solid wood, double glazed windows with shutters.
· Terracotta floor tiling throughout.
· Oil fired central heating throughout.
· A layout suited to running a quality B & B (3 x B & B bedrooms bringing in on average €150 per day)
· The perfect holiday rental property where 12 people can spend a fabulous holiday (charged out at €800 to €1000 per week for the entire house).
· To fill the property with paying guests 20 weeks per annum is easy to achieve, with minimal advertising and little effort.
· A low maintenance property, easy to manage on a permanent basis or as a holiday home or holiday letting property.
Running a tourism related business from the property:
The property was previously run as a successful B & B in the area, however the entire property is currently let out to holiday makers on a weekly basis. This home-from-home for lucky tourists (who leave amazing comments in the visitor’s book) has been a tourism business since 2007.
Now wishing to sell the property, the owners are in the process of acquiring a tourism licence (which is expected to be in place by April of this year, 2015) so that the new owner can quickly and easily continue to run an official tourism business with immediate effect and without any concerns.
The business could be expanded with more active advertising and if directed towards specific sporting groups, the returns could be very good and the holiday rental spread across the entire calendar.
La Celada village and wider area:
This beautiful home is located in the very heart of La Celada village, on the West side of the Plaza de San Jose. The village has a traditional bar which is very tranquil, offering tapas in the summer months. There is a shop that sells almost everything from fresh produce to kids' toys, gas bottles and much more. The village enjoys the Fiesta de San Jose on 19th March each year, held in the plaza and literally on the doorstep. Frequent village lunches and evening meals are held throughout the year to include, huge paellas to be enjoyed by all. Three Kings, on 6th January, is the main Christmas event with street parties and donkey drawn carts offering gifts for the children. The Fiesta de San Isidro is held on Lake Iznajar each year - a celebration of horses, flamenco, floats and fun. Finally, there is a weekly open market in La Celeda each week.
The town of Iznajar and lake:
The historic lakeside village of Iznajar is less than 5 mins drive away where you will find all manner of amenities to include a medical centre, schools, shops, bars, restaurants etc. The the lake offers up a fabulous assortment of non-motorised water sports with a beach, several beach bars and eateries, outdoor gymnasium, swimming pools and free tennis courts.
The large town of Rute:
Rute is where you would probably go for major supermarket shopping and large purchases. It has every amenity needed for modern day living and is approximately 10 mins drive away (8km).
The cities of Cordoba, Granada and Malaga:
Cordoba is approximately 1hr 10 mins drive away, Granada 1hr and Malaga 50 mins.
The Iznajar area has many outdoor activities on offer:
Easy walking trails, hiking, rock climbing, bird watching, mountain biking, quad biking, horse riding, water sports and fishing.
This fabulous home offers many opportunities for buyers: It would make a wonderful permanent family home - a great lock-up-and-go holiday home for a large family - a B & B or holiday rental property to bring in a good income with low overheads and little maintenance…
For sale direct from the owners!
When you are searching for a town house in Andalucia, it becomes clear very quickly that it is hard to find what this property has:
- A double fronted facade that gives an impressive feeling of width to the property
- Light, bright and spacious interior
- Rear patio with space for a Jacuzzi or plunge pool, plus 2 more patio/terrace areas.
- Integral garage – no parking problems here!
- 4 good sized bedrooms on the first floor
- 2 large reception rooms on the ground floor
- Large attic space on the second floor – ideal for conversion to more accommodation
- Located in the historic part of Loja town centre
- A ground floor shower room with w.c.
- Spacious family bathroom on the first floor
The town of Loja is perfectly located midway between the historic Andalucian cities of Antequera and Granada.
This property is within the historical heart of Loja and is within walking distance of all local amenities.
Loja benefits from a new hospital, a train station and all amenities needed for everyday living. Malaga Airport is an hour’s drive and the wonderful city of Granada and its airport just under an hour. Cordoba and Seville are also within easy reach.
Loja has an historic old town and busy new centre. Here you will find everything for modern day living from large supermarkets to colleges, medical centre/doctor’s surgery, a new hospital with 24 hours emergency room and many bars, restaurants and shops. In addition to the municipal covered market, an outdoor market is held every Monday.
There are many musical and cultural events taking place throughout the year such as the Summer Fair in late August and the Holy Week processions. Events are also held in the Civic Centre (El Posito), the Casa de Cultura (Cultural Centre) and the new rebuilt Cinema Imperial.
By train, from Loja railway station, there are regular services to Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla and other cities and an AVE (High Speed Railway) stop is planned for the future. There is also a bus station, currently being relocated to a central position, from where there are regular services to Malaga, Granada and many other parts of Spain.
A little to the east of Loja is the city of Granada, the centre of which can be reached in under an hour’s drive. The Sierra Nevada for skiing is a little further east. Granada airport is a little closer to Loja and can be reached in approximately 45 minutes. Budget airlines flying into Granada change quite regularly
Malaga old town (historic city centre) and Malaga airport are a very easy drive down the motorway. The airport can be reached in approx. 1hr by car.
FOR SALE DIRECT FROM OWNERS!
Charming 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom Andalucian cottage with breath-taking views - named after a light house (El Faro) because the cottage looks out over a rolling sea of countryside, it is light, bright and feels really close to the big, Andalucian sky.
The detached annex/potential 3rd bedroom (currently the summer kitchen) could easily be used as a 3rd guest bedroom if an en-suite was installed (the plumbing is there!)
Walking distance to two very popular bars/restaurants in the hamlet of Pastelero where authentic Andalucian country dishes are lovingly prepared daily. One of the restaurants offers more “fine dining” in the evenings with a chef coming up from Malaga to cook.
Just some of the many benefits of this property include…
- · Easy access to two local bars
- · Private location with peace and nature surrounding you
- · Amazing views – watch the countryside change throughout the year
- · Plenty of parking
- · Jacuzzi - the perfect place to enjoy the views!
- · Charm and character throughout
- · Scope for increasing accommodation/guest cottage
- · Easy access to Villanueva de la Concepcion, Malaga and the airport
- · Mature gardens/land surround the house
- · Would make an ideal holiday home or permanent home
- · Well fitted kitchen and bathroom
- · No ongoing chain – no complications
- · Fabulous wooden deck with panoramic views
This is a rare find - a character country cottage within walking distance of bars and restaurants. Not easy to find and priced to sell.
For sale direct from the owner!
This large 4/5 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa is located in the countryside near to Alhaurin El Grande, which is a delightful Spanish town; only 25 minutes from the coast and Malaga Airport.
The shops, bars and restaurants in the town centre are only 5 minutes’ drive or a gentle 15 minute walk away. The villa is accessed by a quiet tarmacked road and boasts a well-stocked garden which is fed with free spring water.
A good size swimming pool is surrounded by gardens and sunbathing areas.
The villa has recently been reduced from €395,000 to the current asking price of €325,000 which includes the fixtures/fittings and furniture.
Also included is a Daewoo Tacuma saloon car.
The owner, Keith will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the house, the local area or living in Spain, so feel free to contact us to arrange a visit.
For sale direct from the owner!
This large village home has a surprise or two in store for you – not only is it huge (more than 400M2 built area), it has the opportunity for you to create a separate apartment which you can be rented out or used for family, friends or as a studio/workshop.
The house also has space for a plunge pool or Jacuzzi and it has off street parking for a couple of cars.
Located in the heart of this very popular village, all local amenities, shops, bars and restaurants are within a short stroll. Given the central location, this house is actually very light and bright and benefits from some amazing views – especially from the rooftop sun terrace which has incredible views of the surrounding mountains.
The layout of the house is typically quirky and therefore gives you the perfect opportunity to adapt the rooms to suit your needs. This would make an ideal holiday home with the ability to “lock and leave” it but is also well suited to becoming a family home all year round.
There is much to say about this house but the key benefits as we see them are:
- · Central village location
- · Off street parking
- · Lots of outside space
- · Potential for a separate apartment
- · Holiday home or all year round home
- · Well fitted kitchen with range oven
- · Effective wood burning stove
- · Just 7km to the coastal motorway
- · Easy reach to beaches and coastal resorts
- · Just 45mins to Malaga Airport
We see plenty of village homes on our travels but rarely does one stand out like this charming home. It is very much a blank canvass for the new owners to put their stamp on. What is almost impossible to find is off street parking (for a couple of cars), plenty of outside space which could accommodate a small plunge pool or Jacuzzi and there's the opportunity to add value by finishing off the rear buildings to provide further accommodation - rent it out or use it for the family, the choice is yours.
Priced at €160,000 and offering more than 400M2 of accommodation, this is one of the cheapest houses per square meter that we have seen for a long time - a great investment as well as a great home!
For sale direct from the owner!
This fabulous detached home is located a short distance from the village of Lliber in the beautiful Jalon Valley. The Jalon Valley is known for its beauty and charming countryside, mountain views and offers a relaxed environment away from the hustle and bustle of the Costa Blanca coastline.
The house itself has been very well maintaned by the current owners and offers a wealth of features...
- Heated indoor swimming pool - ideal for those who want to use it all year round and don't like cleaning pools every week!
- 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms including a useful changing room for the pool.
- Large living room, separate dining room, conservatory and "naya" to enjoy the light streaming in to the house.
- A well fitted kitchen has space to eat and there is a separate utility room for all the appliances. The connection of the rooms means that entertaining is easy with a free flow around the living space.
- A gymnasium room allows you to keep fit in the comfort of your own home and is perfect to work alongside the pool - it's like your very own health club!
- Solar panels, storage batteries and control equipment provides virtually free electricity. LED and low voltage lights throughout.
- Underfloor heating throughout the house with radiators/towel radiators in bathrooms.
- Air/Con units provide heating and cooling throughout the house and can be independently controlled. There are two further units in the pool room (as well as radiators) providing heating and cooling. All A/C for the house is powered by a 3 Phase electrical supply.
- All external doors and windows are double glazed aluminium in a wood finish. Security rejas and a security system are installed.
- The property comes with an LFO (Licence of First Occupation) - a very important document issued by the local town hall to confirm that the house has been built in accordance with local planning laws.
Lliber village is within a 20 minute stroll and offers a butchers, bakers, three bar/restaurants, 2 grocers stores, a doctors surgery and chemist. Jalon, a couple of kilometers further on has a full range of services plus a supermarket and petrol station.
For sale direct from the owner!
Casa Sofia is nestled into the hillside in the mountain ranges inland from the coast at El Morche near Torrox – East of Malaga city, in the Axarquia.
The villa with swimming pool is the perfect hideaway from fast modern day living. A peaceful mountain retreat with views of both La Maroma Mountain (often snow-capped in winter) and the sparkling Mediterranean Sea.
The villa can be enjoyed immediately as no work is required to the property. All furniture, fixtures and fittings are available too - a villa that is ready to go. Unpack your suitcase and enjoy!
Casa Sofia is a cosy 96M2 and has two double bedrooms and two bathrooms – an ideal permanent or holiday home for a couple who enjoy an adventure and who would relish using a 4 x 4 car to reach the villa on a 4.5km (11 min) track made up of dirt, rough road and concrete. Whilst the town hall keeps the track in good condition, you don’t want to forget to buy a carton of milk from one of the many supermarkets on the coast when living here! Once at Casa Sofia, it is all about country living in a tranquil setting.
The land size is a manageable 1,000M2 which the current owner mainly leaves to nature. However, there are plum, nispero, olive and almond trees.
Casa Sofia is suited to those who enjoy mountains, do not fear the odd steep drop when driving to the property, who want a retreat and don’t need a corner shop or bar/restaurant around the corner. There are a few neighbours dotted around, two English couples who use their properties as holiday home for a few weeks per year and the rest are Spanish, also using their properties for the odd weekend, high-day or holiday.
A covered outside lounging and dining area offers virtually all year round alfresco dining and it is covered with various flowering climbing plants.
Few pass Casa Sofia which makes it very private – those who do are farmers who only pass at harvesting time (a few times per year). This gives the villa a very private feel and when the oleander shrubs are allowed to grow tall, the villa is not visible to anyone – so, skinny dipping is the order of the day!
The villa has modern communications such as – internet and free, unlimited outbound International telephone calls (also includes a special telephone number for those phoning the villa from abroad to benefit from calls at the local rate). Satellite T.V. (UK channels received from the 2nd satellite and newly installed) without subscription or monthly charges.
Mains electricity is connected as is a solar hot water system with back-up for the odd cloudy day! Free and unlimited filtered and softened well water is pumped up to the villa. A private water source that is registered to the property (mains water is in the area but is not currently connected to Casa Sofia). There is a large 25,000ltr water deposit automatically receiving water pumped from the well as required.
For the odd cooler evening in winter, heating is via a wood burning stove and a few electric panel radiators.
Location: 13 mins from El Morche, 18 mins from Torrox/Torrox Costa and 45 mins from Malaga airport.
If you are looking for a retreat away from the fast pace of modern life and crave a rural Andalucian hideaway, then Casa Sofia could be for you. It would be the perfect place to be inspired and to be creative – to write, paint or enjoy a hobby craft. Of course, you are surrounded by nature...